• The SDIS is an accurate Sleep Disorder Screening Inventory for children from 2 yrs. - 18 yrs, 11 mos.
• Designed to improve the Screening Process of children/teens with possible sleep disorders
(Only ~ 2% of children with sleep disorders are being identified & treated in the U.S.A. at this time)
• Validated with well-known sleep clinics & sleep specialists nationally, 45 schools, & 2 private
• The only English sleep screening inventory that uses all 11 step of validation to produce High Validity & Reliability coefficients
• To be completed by Parents or Guardian (takes only ~5-10 minutes)
• Forms available in English or Spanish (Checked by bilingual experts to remove any cultural
biases against African-Americans, Hispanic-Americans, and Asian-Americans)
• Items written on approximately a Fourth Grade Reading Level
• Quick Computer Scoring (3-4 min.) that compares child to the average children in norming samples
• Computer-generated Graph and comprehensive Report provides:
1. Standard T-Scores,
3. Three Ranges -> “Normal Sleep”, “Caution”, or “High Risk” of having a sleep disorder
4. Narrative for Parents and M.D. explaining the meaning of the scores, information about the possible sleep problem/
disorder, and what parents can do to correct it or obtain treatment if child/teen scores in the “Caution” or “High Risk” ranges.
5. Helps Parents and Physicians formulate good Hypotheses about child/teen’s sleep problems before a sleep evaluation (PSG,
MSLT, etc.) is even requested.
6. Quick Screening: Only 8-10 minutes for parents to complete & 3-4 minutes for Computer Scoring
Two SDIS Forms:
(1) SDIS-Revised-Children’s Form for Ages 2-through-10 years: 30 questions screening 4 sleep disorders and 5 parasomnias; also 11 health questions relating to OSAS SDIS-C measures:
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome (OSAS),
- Periodic Limb Movement Disorder (PLMD),
- Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome (DSPS),
- Excessive Daytime Sleepiness (EDS),
- A Total Sleep Disturbance Index (SDI), and
- Five Parasomnias: Teeth Grinding, Sleep-Walking, Sleep-Talking, Night Terrors, and Nocturnal Enuresis (bed-wetting)
(2) SDIS-Adolescent Form for Ages 11-through-18 years: 35 questions screening 5 sleep disorders, 5 parasomnias, and also 11 health questions relating to OSAS
Very Inexpensive; choice of three screening packages available:
1. Professionals can purchase the Sleep Disorders Inventory for Students-Revised or the Sleep Disorders Inventory for Adults (SDIA) in larger quantities to receive special discount prices of approximately $1.50 to $.60 per screening, depending on the amount ordered.
2. Parent can do this Website on-line screening with SDIS Inventory for $12.95.
- Accurate, cost-effective Follow-Up Instrument to determine if treatment was successful.
- Small Price to pay to identify & improve the School Functioning, Success, and Quality of a Child’s Life for a LIFETIME!